I've been working on improving my lava fountain, so I can have one I am happy with to put in my final video, and here are the results. In this clip are 10 of my tests some of them are good and others I've made a mistake somewhere. Enjoy.
Wednesday, 21 March 2012
Just a quick update on the environment I'm working on for Joe's project. I've been playing around with the textures to find the one Joe would like for his environment. I've also been trying to get the textures to match with the ground textures/ model. As at the moment I thought it would maker is quicker to render two separate models, and secondly make it easier to replace the ground with one that has a hole/crater in the middle.
Thursday, 15 March 2012
For business studies I had to do an Ultimate image, which is an image that's represents me. If I had the drawing or Photoshop skills I could have done an image that would have be more personal, however I opted to do a kind of poster like theme of my best work so far. I decided on my volcano as it is the best particle scene I've done up to date.
Wednesday, 7 March 2012
I've recently been given another task for Joe's project of creating an environment, as he would like it to be done in Vue. I got the rough outline of the layout he wants and the scale, however the scale is a lot bigger than what I'm used to working on in the program so I've been having some problems with it. The main issue I'm having is that Vue takes a lot of memory, so when that memory gets full it crashes. So far every time I get close to the look I think Joe will accept my system shuts down or freezes, without letting me save :( Here are a few render shots I've manage to do.
Below are my first tests, for some reason I couldn't get the render to work the way it was before, it made it hard to see what the actual scene looks like. In these scenes the mountains have a sand texture on them which I later took off.