University is now finished and I should be off trying to find jobs in the industry, however I don't feel ready for that yet so I'm going to improve my skills over summer and then start applying.
Right now I'm redoing my volcano piece to get a hd version and to make it longer. I'm also going to be learning Houdini once I've got a copy of it and improving my skills as a fx artist with Maya and real-flow .
I'll also be doing some modelling of environments as I would like to see where that would take me, as I did enjoy doing environments in Vue.
I'll try and keep this blog up to date, although will probably be monthly updates or every other month, who knows we'll have to wait and see. Till next time.
Monday, 21 May 2012
Thursday, 17 May 2012
Just quickly posting a clip of the volcano scene that I'm putting together right now, just needs a few more tweaks then I'll deem it done. One thing I've realised since I've opened up Premiere is that its been quite a few years since I last edited any films, so I'm really rusty and basically means my final clip won't be as good as I hoped it to be.
Wednesday, 16 May 2012
A big issue has come up with the environment, not having anything to do with the actual model and such, but of that the Matte painting that was done for the film contained a completely different landscape. So I had to to play around with the model trying to change it from a canyon type to a mountain type. Since this was so close to the deadline I think the final model is good enough considering I did it in about 5-6 hours. Here are some clips of the final model and playing around with textures. (please ignore the ground)
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
I've been playing around in Maya to get a believable explosion, here is one of my latest test, I had a problem with the render, so here are a series of images of the sequence. Hopefully I'll be uploading the final explosion to implosion to shock-wave sequence soon.
Monday, 14 May 2012
I've been quite busy lately with the deadline drawing near, other than learning nuke I've also been trying to work out Autodesk's match mover for my composting project. At first I thought the software would be quite easy to learn and I manage to get tracking points on a test a couple of months back, however when I tried to use it for my final piece I started having problems with it, so I don’t have the time to keep looking up for tutorials to find my mistakes, my solution is to get another tracking program called Boujou as I was shown this once in a lecture and found it quite simple to use. I’ll post more on this project soon.